|James Douglas Grenkie, Q.C., LSM.
Douglas Grenkie received a B.A. from the University of Waterloo in 1965 and an LL.B. from Osgoode Hall Law School in 1968. Doug was called to the Bar in 1970. He runs a general practice of law, including family and criminal litigation, as well as commercial, municipal, estate and real estate law. He was appointed Queen’s Counsel in 1980 and in 2009 was awarded the Law Society Medal, an award established in 1985 and presented annually to outstanding Ontario lawyers whose service reflects the highest ideals of the profession.
Doug has acted as both an Assistant Crown Attorney on a part-time basis, as well as Federal Prosecutor at the Morrisburg Provincial Court. Since 1978, he has also acted as an Inquiry Officer for the Ministry of the Attorney General. Doug has appeared before various tribunals in all areas of his practice, including the Criminal Injuries Compensation Board, the Workplace Safety & Insurance Board, the Landlord and Tenant Board, the Social Assistance Review Board, the Alcohol and Gaming Commission and the Ontario Municipal Board.
Doug has participated in the community for many years, including:
- Member of the Morrisburg and District Lions Club (for over 30 years);
- President of the Dundas County Cancer Society;
- President of the Eastern District of the Cancer Society for the Ontario Division (1984);
- Board of Directors for the Ontario Division of the Canadian Cancer Society;
- Owner, manager and coach of the Morrisburg junior lacrosse team;
- Secretary-Treasurer and now Treasurer of the Morrisburg & District Canadian Club (for 35 years);
- Past Master of Excelsior Lodge, A.F. and A.M., No. 142 Morrisburg;
- Member of the Cornwall S.D. & G. Shrine Club;
- Member of Karnak Temple in Montreal;
- Member of the Board of Directors of Morrisburg Temple Holdings Inc. (which manages a building housing the Morrisburg Pre-School, Order of the Eastern Star, Upper Canada Playhouse rehearsals and the Morrisburg & District Lions Club);
- Member of Lakeshore Drive United Church, Morrisburg;
- President of Upper Canada Playhouse (1983);
- Board of Directors, for over 20 years, of Partners for Children in Development;
- Involved in every provincial and federal election, since 1963 (scrutineer, canvasser, poll captain, area captain and Campaign Manager);
- Member of the S.D. & G. Law Association and the Leeds-Grenville Law Association;
- Member of the International Commission of Jurists;
- Member of the Judicial Appointments Advisory Committee;
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association (served as President in 1988-89);
- Foreign Conference Director of the Ontario Bar Association (since 1995); and
- Founding Settlor and Trustee of the Advancement of Legal Education and Research Trust (ALERT) created in 1987.
233 Augustus Street
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.